|Cheeeeez! 18 months old and afro happy|
|Me today wearing a Wash and go|
It has taken me one minute and an entire Scandal season later to really sit with this line. As I was watching the Scandal BET marathon on last Saturday, this line struck me like I had never heard it before. I am stunned! Let me tweet, then repeat that one more time: ”What kind of coward was I to marry her and not wait for you to show up?“ *fans self* Fitz is a BOSS! He is the giver of lip quivers, slow breathes and hot flashes. Undergarments don’t stand a chance of staying dry with this kind of macking happening on “The Trail” (S1, Ep106). There are no more words to be spoken so they just hold hands. Sweaty hands. I’m sure. It was during their silence, the line began to marinate. WOAH! WAIT ONE MINUTE!! Did he say “what kind of coward” as in there are a variety of choices? Senator Grant’s assertion of his cowardice behavior was more profound than we knew at that time. In one line this man desperately exhales “I settled, Courage is difficult for me, I need love, and I want every inch of YOU.” GEESH! Instant heat and passion aside, what’s a woman to do with that confession? I’ll take feed the passion for one thousand Alex.! Nooooo This is Olivia Pope! She will do what comes natural: fix him. She thinks he needs her and no matter the pain she is all in. Liv’s perception on love is one minute past cracked, it’s broken.
“One Minute” is more than just feeding the feel good, it’s a brief moment of courage for Fitz. The courage to live, love, and be loved in that moment. This courage allows him to reveal vulnerabilities which have been masked for years. We can surely blame his father Big Jerry for that. Olivia would never use his character flaws against him for her own personal gain. Liv unlike everyone else, doesn’t have an agenda (although I feel she is someone else’s. That’s why she was sent in. *coughs* Rowan!) therefore she doesn’t fight Fitz for what’s best for her. She totally gets her cowardly lion. She believes in his greatness. He’s strong, attractive, passionate and he has “superpowers”. Olivia professed “I will eat, sleep, drink Fitzgerald Grant” and as my girl Awesomely Luvvie said “He surely ate Liv Pope” Yes, indeed! Reciprocity has never looked so good in 60 seconds. The problem is, when they surpass that time span everything gets messy and the revelation remains the same. Fitzgerald Grant is still a coward.
As promised, here is your Harrison fix. He is skeptical about this line too.
What do you think? Was I too harsh on Fitz? This is what happens during a long break and a stint in rehab. I may have a change of opinion next week. Give it to me Gladiators. What’s your take on this line?
|photo credit: 100Scoopsies.blogspot.com|
Sometimes you can come across really amazing blogs when you least expect it. A few months ago, the most inviting ice cream pictures kept streaming through in my Facebook feed. Being a true lover of this frozen treat compelled me to do a little “research”. Two clicks later, I found 100 Scoopsies , a blog which follows the journey of two super adorable friends, Sarah Hayes and Cloe Jankowitz as they churn out 100 flavors of ice cream in one year. Can you imagine creating one hundred ice cream flavors in 365 days? Me either, but I CAN imagine tasting them. Makes you wonder who gets to eat all of it, right? Get this! After every 20 flavors, the ladies have an ice cream social featuring their best flavors of the quarter. So then the question becomes, Where does one sign up for this delightful event?
These ladies both share a dream of one day having their own brand of ice cream and it looks like they are well on their way to attaining that dream. Sarah and Cloe have come up with some unique and creative flavors like:
|Chocolate Avocado Ice Cream|
|Blueberry Basil Ice Cream
Some of their creations have made me recall the fact that I have an ice cream maker tucked away somewhere. I may one day actually pull it out to try one of their yummy recipes. I said “I may” which means this most likely won’t happen in real life. What I will do in the meantime is continue to follow 100 Scoopsies. I wish Sarah and Chloe all the best and many blessings over this journey to having their own ice cream brand. You can do it! Uhm, yeah and about the social sign up?
Rain date: August 14th 6-10pm
Check out the list of battling burgers:
12. Foundry on Elm ~ Foundry Chef’s Burger by Derek Clough: 100% Maine grass fed beef, spicy house bbq,sweet bacon jam, great hill blue cheese, shaved dill pickles and pickled red onions on Iggy’s brioche bun
13. Joe’s American Bar & Grill ~ All American BBQ Bacon Cheddar Burger by David Forbes: Fresh ground chuck, bbq basted, crispy pork belly, two year aged Vermont cheddar and maple Cajun bacon jam served on a griddled poppy bun served with house cured pickles
14. Salvatore’s ~ The Wicked Stuffed by Chuck Barbato: Black Angus stuffed with fresh mozzarella and raisin, topped with charred sweet onion, grilled smoked pancetta and sriracha mayo
15. Shake Shack ~ ShackBurger by Mark Rosati: Cheeseburger topped with lettuce, tomato and Shacksauce
16. Smith & Wollensky ~ Cajun Gorgonzola Burger by Matt King: Prime beef, Cajun seasoning, melted gorgonzola, arugula and red onion marmalade
17. Tasty Burger ~ Slap Yo Mamma! by Brian Reyelt: Our signature patty topped with cheese, fried pickles,jalapenos and BBQ sauce
18. Tommy Doyle’s ~ The Corky Pig Burger by Andrew McLendon: Named after Porky Pig and County Cork,Ireland, 8 oz. Angus beef topped with an Irish bacon rasher, American bacon, jalapenos, fried onion petals, bleu cheese crumbles, bleu cheese dressing and bacon jam (traditional southern jam made with bacon instead of fruit)
19. Trade ~ TRADE Burger by Andrew Hebert: All natural ground beef with pancetta, Vermont cheddar, grilled onions, homemade pickles, lettuce, and tomato on Iggy’s brioche bun
20. Wahlburgers ~ OFD (Originally from Dorchester) Burger by Paul Wahlberg: 8 oz. patty with bacon, Swiss cheese, sautéed mushrooms and homemade tomato jam on a potato roll
This list is INSANE! Right?! I read the first ten and got full. Geesh! Which Burger would you try?
Found a burger you’d like to try but can’t make it to the event? That’s ok, click the highlighted name and go straight to the restaurants site for more information. Lets really show #BostonStrong and support our local businesses.
Follow #BurgerBattle on Twitter to stay up to date on the event.
Well, here we are again for another session of Scandal Rehab. I told you I would be back on last week. Missed it? Go read about my mishandled feelings. I know you feel the same way and that’s why I kept my word and came back to rehab with you. We’re in this together. Every time the show comes up in conversation, I just….pheeeeew *rattles hands* So we are going to talk this out. As I stated before, I have so many question surrounding Quinn. She’s like the golden goose that they’re passing off as a naive duckling. I don’t buy it! NO! The video came up today and it just further played on to my suspicions. Did you watch it yet? This is a two for one so pull up a chair.
Let us first take a look, pause, and then stare at Harrison. Yes indeed! CoYUMbus knows he can wear a suit and talk fast. He is ignoring everyone and everything around him because that blackberry is more important. WE DON’T CARE! Gingham less and all we are here for Harrison Wright. Enters Quinn *rolls eyes* Girl,what you won’t do is show up acting privileged but looking subsidized and THINK you will disrespect him. We should have known Quinn was crazy out of the gate. Who rolls up on YUM with such disregard, talking about “I don’t do blind dates.” THEN insults him with “You’re a baby lawyer. You’re twelve years old.” HUH? She didn’t want him to look bad by standing him up, engages in condescending banter, finds out she has a job, THEN out of the kindness of her heart she sits to let the “baby” buy her a dirty martini.? LAWD! You see what I’m talking about? Her loop is fruitless. *sigh* That aside for the moment. She applied for a job with THE Olivia Pope? Was this application sent post amnesia? Who applied, Lindsey the law student or Quinn the lawyer? Mmmmmhhhhhmmm Somebody needs to go through Verna’s belongings. She would have given us the tea on Ms. Dwyer-Perkins. How does this tie into Olivia deciding she, Quinn, was worthy of a life time save from a huge murder wrap? Can we speculate that she was given the job without an interview because they wanted to
keep a close eye on protect her? And I think it’s interesting that Harrison made reference to Quinn’s breathing, Huck did the same thing when he started “training” her. *passes out a few fans cause I know ya’ll didn’t see that one coming* Don’t sleep on the mighty Quinn. Watch!
Ok, back to Harry. He was sent out to “interview” Quinn but there is some good information for us to think about since we don’t have his backstory yet.
He’s 28 yrs old
He STILL uses a Blackberry (but we won’t judge him)
His parents are inseparable
He has a habit of giving you a killer smile mid sentence. It’s his secret weapon to throw you off your game.
His parents met on a blind date
When he buys a woman dinner then that means he’s interested. Has he sprung for dinner in the last two seasons? Somebody want to take this one?
He generally doesn’t lie.
Harrison as you can see is not wearing gingham in this clip. Why? Were things on the mild front?
He is gladiator in a suit and If you want to be one then say it “I’m a Gladiator in a Suit!”
HAHAHA! It’s #ScandalRecruitment Month!
How do you feel about Quinn? Did I deliver on the Ginham fix this week? Who is ready to tune into BET this Saturday, August 10th for a Scandal Marathon? I’ll be watching and tweeting.
- The Classic: chocolate chunk cookie with vanilla ice cream.
- The Tahitian: oatmeal coconut cookies with coconut ice cream.
- The Shortcake: sugared sugar cookies with strawberry ice cream.
- The Salty Dog: salted caramel cookies with totally turtle ice cream.
- The Mudslide: double chocolate cookies with coffee Oreo ice cream.
- The Green Monstah: chocolate chunk cookies with green monster ice cream(mint Oreo).
- The Peanut Squared: creamy peanut butter cookies with peanut butter ice cream.
- The Nor’easter: red velvet cookies with white chocolate chunks and chocolate ice cream.
- The Cinnabomb: oatmeal cinnamon raisin cookies with rum raisin ice cream.
- The Choco Rainbow: M &M cookies with chocolate ice cream.
- The Limonada: lemon poppy cookies with purple cow frozen yogurt.
- PB &J: peanut butter cookies with strawberry ice cream.
Follow The Cookie Monstah on Facebook